BAAS International has been assisting families adopt from the Philippines for over 25 years. The Philippines is a unique program because families can adopt orphan or relative children if the relative minors meet the criteria of eligibility set by ICAB and USCIS.* BAAS International assists in all the necessary steps for completing an adoption from the Philippines. For all matters pertaining to the adoption. BAAS will also conduct post placement visits as well as assist families finalizing their adoption after they return home with the child.
* Relative cases are reviewed on a case by case basis. BAAS will only work with those families who satisfy the USCIS definition of an orphan eligible for adoption and immigration.
WHO ARE THE CHILDREN IN NEED OF FAMILIES?
The children available for adoption have either been abandoned, relinquished, or may have some medical condition that the biological parents are unable to afford. The children reside in public or private facilities. All children who can be adopted must meet the strict criteria set by the Intercountry Adoption Board in The Philippines (ICAB).
- Children of all ages available
- Some sibling groups
- Children with special needs (see below)
- All new applicants must be open to a child is 3 years old or older
- Couples cannot specify female only
- Older children (usually boys or girls age 6 to 15 years old)
- Sibling groups of 3 or more
- Children with minor correctable health conditions (i.e., cleft lip, cleft palate, vision problems fixed with the use of eyeglasses, etc.)
- Children with major medical/physical problems
- Children with major developmental/neurological delay/handicap
- Must live within the BAAS licensing area of northern California. Please read additional Legal Requirements.
- The Inter-Country Adoption Board (ICAB) has decided to lift the moratorium for single applicants However, ICAB will only consider single applicants who will be accepting children from 6 years old and above of either gender with minor correctable medical conditions or negative background
- Couples must be married a minimum of 3 years prior to starting the adoption.
- Couples must be married at least 5 years if this is a second marriage for either prospective parent
- No more than 1 divorce is allowed per person
- Couples must be at least 27 years old
- Prospective adoptive parents must be at least 16 years older but no more than 47 years older than the child to be adopted
- Couples must be under 55 years old to adopt
- Both parents must travel
- Wait for a referral is within 18 – 24 months after the dossier is approved by the Philippines
- Families usually travel about 5 – 8 months after the acceptance of their referral
- Families will be in the Philippines for approximately 5 days